Friday, May 06, 2005

put it behind me

so i had to post just to put my chagrin of the last one behind me.

I don't know if I've told you but I'm a rabid LOS ANGELES Angels fan....of Anaheim. Baseball is something I played for a long time, my knees will prove, and I've followed them in part because my brother followed them for so long when i was a wee lad, but I and in part my dear sister really are big fans of the angels, theres not much history or numbers you can get by me. Try me I know this and many past ones inside out. I just love baseball, it is a love affair that will never end i hope. My brother said the same and when the strike hit he said he'd never be the same or love the game as much but he's back. There are many many parallels of american life and baseball. It is stitched tightly into the fabric of Americana and even more my life. I will always enjoy a hot dog and peanuts and beer. Even if i was to become a vegetarian which i've toyed with but wouldn't be able to handle, i will always love baseball game hot dogs, peanuts and beer. I will love the sounds of a game, the ball in a mitt, the crack of a bat, the call of a vendor, the smell of the game, and it does have a very distinct smell. i will always think fondly of spit in a leather mitt, it's a trigger smell to me and reminds me of summer and standing around chasing bees in the outfield when i was little. I like the dodgers but don't feel any kinship to them, i'd say it goes Angels, Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, anyone else is just ehhh. The giants can go to hell strickly for Barry Bonds, if he drowns in his pool before he breaks the record I can then like the Giants, yes I am that vehement. And the Yankees. Hate em, always will. So with that it's 7:05 and the angels are playing detroit and I must watch.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Teo said...

yessum we did, 4-3, might have to see whats happening in the game right now. tired, sunburned, alot of gear i still have to wash. alot. i'm gonna take pictures tomorrow. i realized today how buttwhite my legs are right now. well here comes summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home