Sunday, May 01, 2005

mundane is not overrated on a sunday

I enjoyed getting up and doing laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, and eating a leftover taco from dinner. Shit is not too bad.

Just got back from a nice bikeride. I think I'm going to refrain from the weekend midday rides. Early morning or evening will be better. There are just too many kids blocking the path and having to dodge those and joggers is not that fun. Add the heavy amount of vehicles going in and out of Balboa Park that I have to yell at (and if you know me, my yell is loud and intimidating-it's just my bark. I'm hoping my bite is no longer all that efficient). It's when i have to miss getting hit and thump on the car that almost hits me or if I go right up to the window and wait for them to turn their head so they see a pretty big guy at their window about two inches from them with his middle finger up cause they weren't looking and nearly hit me. I understand there are distractions but you're driving on an established bike path, recognize that, theres like 30-50 riders going by every 2 minutes on a weekend. The kids I don't mind so much, I'll ride into the brush. They don't know better and for the most part they're cute as hell with their little legs on little bikes going a million miles an hour, but still going really slow. Little rippers, and future badasses. It's the lazy ass fat kids that sit in the middle of the path blocking both lanes and see you coming and don't move. I'll say something to them, nicely, but it's their parents and kidless adults that get the expletives. When I work out, I don't mess around, I do my thing and am quiet (unless overdrive kicks in and the grunting and pain kick in), I'm not working out for a fashion show or to be seen, I'm there to work out and if it's ugly, messy, stinky, then so be it. Its the end result I'm going for.

Yeah that was a negative rant, I'm going to lift, need to leave it all there so the docility sets in.

Dinner at mom's, that'll be tasty but no niece and nephew seeing as they're in Phoenix, dammnit. i wanna play with the little squirt; Emily is just too small at this point but I like being delicate with her. Apparently, his other uncle (sis-in-laws brother) went over and played mightily with him but for the life of Christopher he couldn't remember jacks name. You see that's not a problem with me as i'm his favorite uncle that indulges him at any opportunity, and he loves saying my name. I have a couple voicemails saved cause he likes to call me and tell me what he had for dinner. At this age, I can play for days with him. It's when they make it to Ryry and Red's age that I start to wear out as they're older and play bigger boy games and they're way heavier. For the most part I can keep up but now I can say that I'm done and will just watch them play. They're are also my favorites. What can I say each of them is my favorite as I now know why my mom said that all her kids were her favorites for different reasons. But alas, no child play tonight, booooooooooooo. I can handle. It's when my brother moves away I'll be bummed. A few miles away from mom's house to a few states away will be tough, but have car will travel, i won't miss much I hope. I don't make it up to sisters house as much as I'd like but will have to plan a trip after Costa Rica, I need a San Luis Obispo trip, that town is where I'd like to retire and add a bit of liberalism to a staunch rightist county. San Luis Obispo itself is pretty liberal and heaven on earth. Anyone wanna meander with me, I'm game. I'll be grubbin at one of 100 tasty shacks and good music spots.

Damn I gotta go lift, I'm writing in tangents as i had a new energy drink and still have energy to kill. Heres to future exhaustion.

pasta as in Hasta La Pasta (thats why I keep saying it. dunno why, I just do even though it sounds gay, do you have a problem with that?) wooooooooooooooooooo I'm hyper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home