Monday, May 02, 2005

current obsessions

So i have three things that I've been obsessing about. all 3 i think are good things but I'll leave my introspection to myself. I want you to take it as you will.

Balloons, kites, and flowers.

I was driving home and I came over the crest of a hill on the 101 and saw that a store had finally let go a string of balloons. There were some big ones and little ones all tied together and they looked absolutely marvelous dancing in the breeze as they sailed up in the evening sky that had alot of light left but still a long journey through the night to go. i always tell kids that before you get home you should let the balloon go. Because then you can imagine the story that balloon will have to tell. Balloons are meant to sail not sit at home until they get all wrinkled. This usually stops them from crying when they let it go. It's equally as good to inhale the helium as that brings me alot of joy making phone calls, not to mention a hefty head rush.

Next are kites. people are flying them alot. I saw about 7 of them on my bike ride today and they were wonderful. Some stunt ones, but mostly plain 'ol kites with tails on them, even a homemade one that caught my eye the most. Sometimes I wish they'd get let go but I know the flight then wouldn't be as spectacular. the one homemade one with the edges of the kites fluttering but the central portion of the kite exhibiting its strength.

Flowers, I can't get enough of them, the roses are blooming and alot of the houses in the neighborhood have them right next to the sidewalk. I remember walking to the park one day with my grandmother near her house and she always stopped to smell them all and told me that there is a reason that there was a saying about stopping to smell them. Since then I will always stop and smell them. they're heavenly, especially when you can smell them from 20 feet away, and you get up to them and it's even better. Went to moms yesterday and she walked me through all her new ones and over half of them had their own distinct smell. the others didn't smell at all but were really pretty. Spring is good. i love my mom for being excited about them around me.

Now, I let in my own personifications but, you should pause and think about it in your own way and I dare you not to find redemption or happiness or whatever you want, but I dare you not to feel good thinking about it.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Teo said...

sappy things, i will cut you with a plastic butter knife

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger measly said...

dood, sounds like you watched american beauty waaaaay too much. next you will be posting videos of balloons dancing in the freakin wind! ;)

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Teo said...

i will spank you monkey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home