Monday, May 09, 2005

reciprocity

I gotta say i like cooking. I've been doing alot of it the last three weeks just to eat healthier, and save money, as I had a ton of food in the freezer (thank you mr roper). I came home, lifted some weights (sorry emma i just wasn't in the mind frame to do chalk drawings but I thought of a theme continuing on my 8 day diving epic for tomorrow). I made up some pasta and green beans with sauteed onions in em.

It was a thinking afternoon. i lifted in lieu of my bike ride, its pretty much just me. I'm not a big fan of buddy lifting. I do my thing as i've been doing since football in high school. I don't like to talk, I don't like to watch tv or appreciate interuptions either. I can get into a zone and just challenge myself. After that I can cool down and keep the thinking to myself. I'm into that.

sidenote: I remember in the LoveBus, a tape got stuck in the tape player and the tape and radio stopped working. I was cool with it. It made me drive more slowly and let me think. For two years I let that thing go until Timmy broke the tape and got it out making the radio work. It was cool believe me I didn't need the distraction, but that in no way diminishes my love of music, as that love is rabidly true.

But I like the cooking as a cool down, hell, i just plain like cooking. it's an hour and a half of zen, I do the dishes while I'm cooking (because there is no dishwasher in the house), so why the hell not. It continues to let me think and it is peaceful and I do it slowly. I'll turn the ballgame on and listen to it out of one ear but I mostly just drift off and keep thinking. Don't get me wrong I love interacting while I cook. I always like cooking with my mom cause we put on good music and go with the mood and have good conversation and we'll do the dishes while we go (is that good training or what?). The ex wasn't into it. She didn't cook, and believed in leaving the dishes in the sink until mold grew on them, or I did them. She knew the rule of, if you didn't cook it, but you ate it, then you do the dishes, but ignored it. Sheeyit, I ain't with her am I? But cooking is a truly pleasant experience.

So my request is, do any of you 4 people that read this know of any good recipes? low fat, low salt (love me the spike salt substitute). I don't and won't cook with lard so leave those in the box. Not a huge swine fan either, but i'll add bacon if it sounds like it would be good(bacon wrapped rosemary chicken-gotta try that again with less rosemary, mmmmm with some cauliflower, celery, bell pepper medly). Love the chicken, ground beef,(not a ton of red meat here), and veggies, veggies, veggies. Love em... can't get enough of them. so hook a brotha up with your favorites, maybe we'll take turns cookin. I'm always game.

pasta

t

5 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man oh man, you should try two free issues of cooking light! it's my new favorite magazine, and you can get online access with the free issues.

-marzia

ps. still awaiting some reciprocal songs...

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Teo said...

what albums you want, bloc party? bravery? elefant? earlimart? Ladytron? eels? dresden dolls? elliott smith? I gots tons, and tons, and tons. most of them new.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, have bloc and elefant, but other than that, just send 'em on over! I'm not picky. Do the bravery suck? I kind of think they might be too derivative, even for me... Jury is still out on them.

-m

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Teo said...

derivative huh? thats too big of a word to be describing a decent(only decent) band. Maybe Good Charlotte would be more derivative.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Teo said...

all recipes is where i got the crusted chicken recipe, although i haven't made it in a while. Takes a long ass time. might have to dust that one off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home