Sunday, May 08, 2005

i hate tests

Most people do really well in a classroom and not really well when they have to apply learned techniques. Well I'm the opposite. I'm extremely comfortable in water and just plain shitty on tests. Math, always my weakest point and sure 'nuff today it was again. I got dizzier taking the test than I did in the water. I was bolt upright upside down in 15 feet of water just hovering in space to see if I could do it and I had no problem. We had our final written exam and I failed it. Miserably. Vic didn't fare much better, failing as well. The master diver gave me a rash of shit in front of the class. That doesn't help when there is a 13 year old girl that did perfectly and finished first in the class. We had to go back and complete the test again and I passed but not by completing it impressively. I really was confused charting the dive stats for multiple dives. It is pretty complex and when you first look at a dive chart it's unreadable, but once you get the hang of it, the chart in essence should be easier, but not for me. I seriously think I have a math learning disability. Always have, and it's pathetic thinking that my mom is a high school math and trig teacher. She was not ever my best tutor, but she tried. None of her kids and wunderkinds at math but I'm just horrible. And today it showed. Out of 50 questions i think i had 35? and you can only miss 12. I got a 40 the second time around and the instructor admitted that two of the questions i shoulda had as they were ambiguous. But i passed and for my own peace of mind i will master these charts and tables as the open water dive in the pacific off catalina is next weekend and thats when the real deal starts. But i'm beat, my ears hurt, and i'm sore, my face is recovering from yesterdays burned face.

I went to moms and we had leftover dinner, and I cleaned for her. We talked about her roses and her family and geneology, then watched 60 minutes and I took out her garbage and teh such. I went in with my sister and we bought her a bunch of garden tools and equipment and she liked that. I came home and there was a note from my neighbor asking if I could draw chalk on the sidewalk with emma this week as they're going to atlanta to put an offer on a house, but gramma is watching them and wants us to spend normal time with kids. but the adendum on the note asked if i was interested in older women, 40 year old, older women. I declined. I don't want a sugar mamma, but hey who knows, she said she'd talk to me about it when she got back.

My ears hurt, pretty bad, and I have to rub aloe plant on my face. why the hell is it stickier than the 100% aloe from stores. Either way i've used it and it is much better than store stuff. I'm crapped, no sleeping in this weekend, and the vitamin d overload is starting to hit me.

okay new family guy on right now, time to watch one of few shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home