Monday, December 19, 2005

informal exorcisms were required

Friday, not much happened in the evening, but Saturday was pretty good. Oyie and I started cooking a little bit after 4pm and kept goin. We had just our closest friends over for dinner. Lemme see if I can recall the menu. Fried Turkey, Stuffing, mom's homemade mac and cheese recipe, cajun dirty rice, green salad, creamed green beans, mashed potatoes, candied yams, beer bread, cheese baklava (sp? ala-Larisa), and not sure what else. Help me if you remembered that you ate something and I don't remember it. There were then homemade chocolate chip/butterscotch cookies (ala sara), key lime pie (ala kan), Reese's Peanut Butter Cup fudge (ala- Dron and Jaime). I know I'm forgetting things, but it was a damn good feast. We then had one of the loudest/funnies white elephant. Yuko and Sasha had brought a game called "What the F*ck" (look for it, thats how it's spelled). Freaking hilarious, it's a NC-17 type game, maybe worse but funny if people can handle the content.

Sunday I got up as I was determined to go sit on a mountain somewhere. Dron and Jaime and I went and picked up damn tasty sandwiches at Whole Foods (seriously, cheaper and way better than any sandwich shop). We then went above malibu beach and drove about 7 miles into the mountains to a peak of one of the mountains. We hiked a bit in and ate lunch on a bad ass outcrop of sandstone rock jutting diagonally upward. We hiked another two hours after that trying to see if the trail led straight to the ocean as that's where it looked like it led all the way down the mountain. On the path we found one stretch that was all (and i mean hundreds of thousands) fossilized seashells. I picked a few of those, and also found a curious perfectly round rock with a glyph on it. Jaime and Dron told me that a guy sells them for about $20 a pop and that it was some sort of bardering stone for indians in those mountains (chumash i believe). We kept going and then finally turned around when we realized that it would be dark by the time we got back, but it was a long, hard, and painful trek back up, but no cramps! Until now! We finished our sandwiches before we got back and watched as the sun went down over the water and peninsula. Damn nice.

I got home and found out that my work football pool pick that I sold to my roommates had won. So now I'm sitting with their 1080.00 in my pocket. Sucks, cause it requires a lunch for the guys in my office, but I figure Titos Tacos will feed everyone for very little money. Mates shouldnt be too pissed, it's a ton of money still right before xmas. Why did I sell my pick again, oh yeah, cause I didn't have any money. Dammnit.

To top it off, a girl at my work has noticed my overuse of scarves and made me a fly ass 7 ft long grey scarf. Bad freakin ass. How ya like me now!

5 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can pay me for that VIRUS you just sent over.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Teo said...

uuuuummm, my ass, kiss it, wasn't even at my desk

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger dean said...

good times~

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG YOU HAVE SOME NERVE HAVING ATTITUDE ABOUT YOUR VIRUS!

that is still on my computer.

with no end in sight.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Teo said...

you never said what it was doing, what can i tell you? i didn't give it to you, i was online, that was my crime. And i wasn't even present

 

Post a Comment

<< Home