Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Woooof!

I'm tired, I smell kinda funny, It was a long trip but fucking cool as hell. Costa Rica is everything you can imagine to be. I will attempt to transfer my journal to it, but I'll go with today. We got up after i stayed in last night from horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea, but am happy it hit me at the end of the trip and after i got to do all the things I did. We inventoried the house which there will be pictures of. The two houses were night at day whereas one was like a multi million dollar home if it was in malibu and feet from the surf. The second was more like a beat up house in a hippy commune but also right on the beach which was cool but not a nice beach. We went into town and did some final shopping, and some of you will get a bottle of Lizano Salsa. It's like a tangy sauce, hardly a salsa but makes plain as veggies, rice and beans taste great. I kinda overdid it for the first week so I'm taking some time off but you'll dig the shit. Coffee for everyone. I did drink about a half dozen cups and i gotta say it was pretty freaking good. American coffee does blow as I know it. We checked out some surf and started driving back to San Jose which is about a two and a quarter hour journey through gorgeous countryside, this drive (from a different region than we left out of) was very affluent, and the houses were nice and groomed and had decent churches (not many), and prideful signs about their country. We got back into san jose and dropped off the car which was now missing the front license plate and had a broken antennae, and tons of mud. Insurance might cover it, but we went off on this car as the first house had about an 8 kilometer drive in on heavy dirt roads with huge puddles that we hit other times but thats later. We got to the aeropuerto, and chilled for quite sometime3 hours early as we didn't want to miss our flight (we all were ready for home), listened to ipods and read. We got first class on the plane because they effed up our outgoing flight and that was plush, all the free drinks you want a nice dinner, two seats instead of three, ample legroom, pillows, hot towels. It was a smooth flight considering my stomach conditions, smooth entry into the country even though I almost left a bag of gifts in the plane and had to go back. Waited for sometime for the flyaway bus to come and at this point was rearing to settle the rear but it took some time and some waiting for multiple trips in one car back to the house, but I'm here, I need a shower, I'm pretty tan for me, but I'm going to sit, watch some espn and read a paper, and sleep and not work tomorrow and do alot of laundry, even though for most of the trip we got our laundry done for us for free!

You'll get postcards, i sent them out today cause there was a limit on mailboxes or I'm just slow but i'll settle for plenty of both. Jenn, i didn't get your addy and it wasn't in my bag, quite a few weren't in my bag but I got a bunch of those back on a quick phone call home but it's stamped from costa rica so you'll get that.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Teo said...

dude i got you more than coffee, but you did get that. but that pack came in crazy handy so payback will be incremental, but you got good booty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home