Monday, June 12, 2006

weekend mirth and merriment

Friday went out for cocktails for informal get together for the ageless wonder and got home and don't remember much after that. Got up Sat morning and cranked out shirts. Finally got to see "the Wonder" in the afternoon to give her one bday present. Still say i like the black one better....I'm so gonna have to get the white one, watch. After that went up to Ventura to visit the Maylard clan and had some sick gutbusting humor. Stayed the night, got up, read a book in some damn nice weather and hung out with them most of the day taking a trip to Lowes to get a funky toilet seat for mama maylards bday. Good job Jermy. They headed down to the SFValley and i stayed in their lovely backyard after assisting in the hauling of 3000, yes 3000 lbs of stones and only smashed my finger once. Bunch of friends met me in ventura, picked me up and we headed to the Santa Barbara Bowl for....lessee, TV on the Radio, She wants Revenge, (someone else), Yellowcard, Franz Ferdinand, and the Strokes. We missed the first 3, and got there just in time to leave the venue to people watch in the courtyard during yellowcard. I'm sorry, you're a sum41 clone, with some jackass on an electric fiddle. How could that be good? Either way, the show made me feel old, tons and tons of kids, and pretty much a whitewashed crowd. (Have i ever told you how much large quantities of white people scare me?) Franz Ferdinand didn't get as much love as they should have and had to play while it was still light. Last time I saw them they put on a crazy live show but had great lighting to go with the great stage presence. The strokes were exactly as I've heard, as I've never seen them live. They sound great, pretty much like the albums, but I've also heard that if they're not stinking drunk, then they're pretty boring to watch....and they were. They sounded good don't get me wrong, but they pretty much don't move or dance, or even prove their pulse while they're up there. The word that came to mind was disaffected and his comments about doing some radio show proved that. I mean c'mon there were mosh pits for both FF and the Strokes. Nuff said. easy drive home and then i couldn't sleep until after 3. sooooooooooo, here i am at work after a 530 wakeup. Calgon take me to tuesday.

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shiz..

...is in your coffee table...

have a good trip bro and happy 30th! lemme know when we can go out for drinks to celebrate - i can't wait til the 23rd...

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger dean said...

Happy Birfday, brotha^^

and count me in for drinks!!!

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, you're 30!? Geezer! ;)

I just saw Calgon at Savon tonight, next time I see it, I'll think of you.

~Joy

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm happy you had a great birthday! too bad it wasn't in costa rica again, but fun nonetheless..

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the dead squirrels of the west coast are gathered here to wish you a VERY HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY! (and you'll never get OLD!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home