Monday, August 08, 2005

booyah public school knockers

I went to the market at like 11pm last night as I NEEDED milk (seriously i drink it like water-nonfat ofcourse) and as i was walking out, I heard the contract security guard on the skank shift read my shirt which is none other than the sponsor for the original bad news bears.



I went back and asked him if he knew what it was. He asked if it was an actual bail bondsman. I said yes in fact that it was but shared the fact that it was the team sponsor for the original Bad News Bears and that it was still in operation in Chatsworth, CA. He kept asking me why the liberty bell was cracked and I finally got it and told him that it was because it was dropped out of the wagon going from new england to Philadelphia for the 2nd Continental Congress for the ratification of the Articles of Confederation and the founders decided to keep it as a symbol of the new states resiliency. He said very good. I did the double take on him and told him to have a good one, and I smiled all the way home. It's random interactions like that, that give me faith in humanity. Hell he could've been really random and not cared a rats ass about what I had to say but the fact that he said something initially and I barely heard it enough to respond, means that it meant what I thought it to mean and was still cool.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went to private school. and look how i turned out.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Teo said...

you sure learned to spell your name --

 

Post a Comment

<< Home