Monday, August 01, 2005

Mondays always start off this way, don't they?

First let me say that Rafael Palmeiro has killed any kind of faith that there are people that have been great legitimately. I'm genuinely bummed by hearing he'll be suspended for steroids. And the announcement after the Hall of Fame inductions and more importantly after he got his 3000th hit. No way is he a first ballot entry. Can there be no more hero's in baseball? I can't say anything more on it.


The weekend went pretty nicely. Friday a group of us met up at an antique salvage shop in east hollywood(the only hollywood for non tourists) for a restaurant unveiling. Free wine, dj, hors d'oeuvres, and good company. We then walked into silverlake and ate. It was nice.

Saturday, I got up first at 5 to feed the cat, then about 6:30 to go to UHAUL and get a truck for Jamie and Darrens move. I drove the truck over to Darrens folks house to find out the uhaul people didn't unlock the trailer so we had to wait an hour for them to come over and open it. Then we moved some stuff over to the new place. Then spent the rest of the day loading the truck and it was freaking hot out. I got oyie up to help and that helped (thanks brother, it woulda taken alot longer). It was going great until the granite topped table fell on my foot. Now my foot is a whole bunch of pretty colors and doesn't hurt so much as just being uncomfortable. But they got their stuff in so thats good.

Saturday night we went out for BMillah's birthday and had some damn fine 21 yr old scotch, damn fine. Then went to dinner at Cobras and Matadors in where else East Hollywood. Really good food, it was a mix of just about everything and all very tasty.

Sunday I got up late finally (somehow I unconsciously got up and fed the cat at 530). Got up and watched my beloved angels run on no gas and get beat embarrassingly by the Yankees. I then did some laundry, trimmed rose bushes, and got some great roses out of it, then went to my bros for dinner and quality play time with the niece and nephew. It was high quality time. I have to tell you, if you're into meat ask your butcher for Chuck Eye cuts. I know, chuck isn't the best sounding cut, but if you know your butcher, he'll tell you how much HE likes it. I shit you not, it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Tender enough to cut with a fork. Its the end of the chuck tip and they usually don't have it very long as theres not multiple ends of the chuck. But get this, two steaks, just over 4 bucks. It was a freaking good steak, really good. I'm going to the market today to see if I can wheeze some more. Then I'm making chocolate chip cookies as they're better homemade and I've decimated my moms hidden stash.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm steak.

-marzia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home