Monday, January 09, 2006

Atleast I got up for work

I got up to San Luis Obispo (area) around lunch, ran to Farmers market, got tomatoes, grapes, the biggest heads of broccoli, cauliflower you've ever seen, cherry tomatoes, navel oranges, tangerines (that I'm eating currently) and a ton of gourmet sausages if you know them, there're andouille, opie, cajun, hot italian, garlic herb chicken, apple raspberry chicken, and a couple others that are escaping me. Then made it to the elders nephews bball game where they got a whuppin laid on them by a little iverson. Kid was wicked good. Seriously, he was like 3 foot nothin and was putting up threes from the adult reg 3 point line and sinkin them. We then got kick ass burgers in Pismo and back to the homestead to try out the lawnmower i took up. didn't work so we cleaned out the garage. Never seen it organized, once but it is somewhat now. Then went and got a new lawnmower and went back had dinner and watched crash. (Ask me about it, it was good but a bit over the top) Then crashed. Got up the next morning to start up the mower and it was the wrong one so I took it back and got a new one. Then back home to tear the yard apart. It was looking good until scott the gay boyfriend (not mine) came over and we demo'd the patio overhang, it was tough, viney, and I was pooped. Put it in a pile and then called the "pile" to get a bin so the stuff could be hauled away. All the while we're doing this 2/3'rds of the sweetest nephews in the world were washing (wetting/drying) neighborhood cars for $5 a pop. I indulged cause it's cool they can do that in this day and age. I then showered and we went to dinner and I headed home. I'm beat. My body is bruised (seriously, i have a gnarly one where I came one inch from losing some of my child making capabilities after falling off a bench and hitting the corner of it). It's pretty funny tho, my hands will randomly cramp into the claw. I can't think of a more gratifying weekend. I had a blast and have kick ass veggies and sausage to show for it. I'll go back this weekend to finish the job and get more veggies.

This segues me into the greatness of the ipod. Long car rides are made much much better with 40000+ songs to listen to with a perfectly clear day and great music at a very loud volume. It was a heaven drive. All ocean with more than 40 miles visibility along some of the most gorgeous coast. You could see structures on the Channel Islands off the coast. Just sick I tell you. I just need to pick up wine next weekend.

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger dean said...

nice excuse to go back there, huh~

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good brother/uncle you are!

~Joy

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Teo said...

I'll be back up there again this weekend. Dean you wanna go back for ostrich burgers?

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

say what's up to my twin if you run into him again.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger dean said...

maybe we can meet you there if you have enough time to grub with us~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home