Monday, June 27, 2005

sweeeet

First let me start by saying the Hollywood Bowl is a damn good place to see live music. We made it out and met up with what seemed like the whole graphic design crew from college. My sis, marzia and joy and her man made it too, but try as i might I never saw them whilst in their seats. Hell I never even went to my real seats but had a few songs that I had to get up and go stand somewhere til the seats emptied out again. But Arcade Fire is a damn good band to see live and i'd love to again.

But David Byrne, I have a new found respect for. He freaking puts on a well fleshed out show. I know alot of his music from my childhood and the early 90's, but highly respected him from his music interviews and analysis on Sessions on west 57th on pbs. But damn the guy puts on an impressive show. Dude if you guys remember what the name of the marching band that came on, gimme some love and let me know.

We still have wine leftover but everybody got pretty toasty even with all the hummus, salads, cheese, crackers and spreads that we all brought. Good night, with good people, good wine/food, and great music. Thank god I found my bus at the end of the night.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the extra action marching band


"your love's got me looking so crazy in loooove..."

love, mayo

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Teo said...

the rest were classics, but Beyoncee?!?!?!

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy in Love was THE best part!!!!
~Joy

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the BEST part.

-marzia

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Teo said...

we went down through the stands to avoid the gridlock of the walk ways and I tried to get like 10 of us to go up on stage and recreate the orgy that the cheerleaders had. That woulda been a good pic to have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home