Wednesday, August 31, 2005

why can't i sleep?

Just damn busy. I started my ride on monday and the tire was flat from a good sized thorn. Why didn't I replace both innertubes with thorn proof? and walked back with the bike, went to the bikeshop and got another. But still haven't put it on.

I had to run around making medicinal deliveries last night. I'm tired but got to look at a catalog of art from an old friend from the last 40 years. It was like going to a museum and being able to touch and flip art everydifferent way at my leisure. freakin amazing. he made chili ribs with bacon, sweet corn, sourdough bread, his own pickled cucumbers, turnips, peppers and onions (pickled salad so to speak), it was excellent. For desert there were fresh dates and japanese grapes that tasted like old fashioned grape pop. Freakin good. A couple more stops and I made it home to do some reading but everyone was already pretty much in bed so my night was over. I read some harry potter and then tried (unsuccessfully) to sleep and was just tossing and turning all night. I think I need a taste of my own medicine. I want to ride. And this friday i have a half day of work (paid) and then a 3 day weekend to make shirts and have a big ass bbq. Anyone wanna come you're welcome, chicken, hot links, potatoe and garden salad, and some berries and whatever else I find at Farmers Market this weekend.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could go. i'm going camping this weekend with the kids in maine, though, so i should have there anyway. but thanks for the invite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home