Thursday, August 11, 2005

liz phair=yummy

so oyie scored free tickets to liz phair at the troubador. Tiny venue west hollywood. We get there and there are CHAIRS in front of the stage. never in my times at this building have i seen chairs. That was a bit of a downer but the anorexic bartender that has done me right and wrong soooo many times IS. I got us some drinks and we watched Cary Brothers (1 guy-Garden State soundtrack). He was alright but I anxiously waited and then started the first of a few calls to dear sweet sister that couldn't be there to see the tasty morsel that was comin on. She finally did come on and I must say looked much better than any woman could for her age. She's on the list of women i would let do socially unacceptable things to me. After all she did introduce me to fantasies that I never thought I'd have with women. She has the best post child pooch of a stomach and the tiniest muffin waist squeezing out of her jeans. She sang plenty from her self titled album including polyester bride, Hot White Cum, and a few others and also a couple from Guyville, and one from whipsmart. I yelled at her a couple times and she acknowledged both shoutings even when she acknowledged the temperature, and my requests not to turn on the 4 foot fan. Tons of early 30's ladies and others. One lady brought her 7 and 8 year old daughters and I'm glad liz didn't hold back on the profanity/sexual songs but told mom when to cover their ears. I tell you, that woman makes raunchy sex sound so damn sensual and natural it's wrong/right. Damn i love small venues. She ended on Fuck and Run and Flower(almost a georgia o'keefe of rock). Damn good, and i was able to steal a few posters for those that couldn't be there.

Cool thing was there was a girl that oyie and I will call Peg(ala meg from white stripes), she had a shirt with green and black stripes and matching socks and cool saucony's. She was just damn cute, I shoulda said something but was too into the tunes. destiny will cause us to meet again.

Let's hear it for kick ass free (but sold out) shows. She provided a place for all sorts, jock-esque guys, gay guys, butch women, single moms, post hipster couples and the like with damn good listening for an hour and twenty. rock fuckin on, good thursday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home