Thursday, April 06, 2006

Peep this chicken race rabbit!

So it's that time of year again when we celebrate the death/resurrection of Christ by eating hardboiled bird embryos, and shoving even more multitudes of candies into our pieholes. But it does give occasion for one of my favorite pasttimes. Y'all know the marshmallow peeps. The sugary marshmallow chicks and bunnies and whatnot? Yeah you do. I've never really been partial to eating them myself, they're just not that good, but I do make the time for "Peep Race." And this annual installment for oh-six started off with my first victory. I got a pretty good crowd of bored coworkers and chose my dueling weapon, the blue chick aptly named Marsellus, and coworker #1 chose the pink bunny, (aka-Honey Bunny). Separate plates in one microwave on 1 minute 30 seconds.

Wait...what you don't know the rules?

Simply select a peep of any nationality, color, creed or assexual preference. find a surface that you dont care gets melted marshmallow on it, place them side by side (separately-as they may join if placed together and form a super peep, thus creating either a nuke-u-lar explosion or a rift in the space-time continuum). Place them in for no more than 1 minute 30. And watch as your microwave may smell worse than burned popcorn. When one or both peeps pops that is the end. Whichever one either holds out or got bigger is the winner.

Safe to say Marcellus won out over Honey Bunny. I mean come on. Now i'm left with the spoils of my victories. Two "flat as a pancake" blobs of synthetic fiberglass. Atleast the crowd was good, alot people came in thinking it was out weekly cock fight but alas this one was for Jesus.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home