Thursday, March 30, 2006

see stereolab in a small venue at all costs

Went to see em at the good ol' Henry Fonda Music Box on a rainy Tuesday and they kicked some shit. The crowd was good but slow to start. I mean they're a new age/hippy, french/brit, dance/jam band. And they kick ass. Once the crowd was up well so was I. Mighta just been the few new jams they played which i don't remember as pretty much the only speaking that was done was the name titles. But once it got goin holy crap, i challenged pretty much anyone without a stick up their butt to get a move on. Personally i was sweating profusely come the end of the show. The visuals, were good, the sound was excellent and I couldn't tell if people were stomping or the system was thumping that hard but everything was still clear. Gotta give props to a band with 3 keyboardists that can switch up to french horn, clarinet, tambie, guitar, trombone, mix machine effortlessly. mad props to em, this was a much better show than the hollywood bowl even though that was pretty spectacular in it's own right. I must say Laetitia has now cracked my top 25. I dont know where she falls, but she has style and skill and is beautiful in a funk-tastic way. I mean she busts out the trombone!!! Either way, go check'dit when you can. I had a decent buzz thru to the next morning so you have my recommendation, could you tell?

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Teo said...

that was some of the worst grammar/diction/punctuation i have ever expressed. booo on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home