Friday, July 01, 2005

June 18th

So we got up this morning and it wasn't all that great of a sleep. I woke up at 3:55 because the friggin rooster outside my window decided it was a good time for me to get up and go fish or something. I said FU bird and put in earplugs and got another couple hours of sleep. I got up and went and sat on the balcony. These were our friends. Kinda funny, Cat on a hot tin roof, literally.



It was already really hot. We decided to shave Darrens head. It was the theme of the trip, we all had pretty long hair before going and were going to lose it while we were down there for the shear heat factor.



It was pretty cool, that morning a whole bunch of school kids were walking on the beach picking up trash. It was nice to see. I used to do that alot when I was in cub scouts.



And this is Flea, sorry no pics of Tick. This is pretty much where he sat if he wasn't in our chairs or rubbing on dead fish. He really was a sweet dog, and whenever we got up and went to the beach he went with us, no matter what. I'll put the other pic up later.



We decided we were gonna go hit the zipline canopy tour. This shit was cool and we heard nothing but good things so we hut up the last one of the day. It was about a 2 1/2 hour deal and cost $50, but it was worth every single freaking penny.










And then it started raining harder than I've ever seen it rain before. Seriously. Even the monkeys got the hell out of the trees. It was nuts. But even worse with the mom that had really big fake boobs, a white tshirt, no bra and her 19 year old son and his friend. That had to have been fun for the friend. She was a bit embarrassed cause even the guides were making fun of her. Sorry no pics.




We finished that and it was really one of the coolest things I've done in my life and well worth the moolah. We wrung our clothes out cause we were soaked, really, really soaked. We all got back to the house and tried to get our clothes to dry out, took showers, and chilled. Darren and Jaime took the car into town and started to look for a hotel. The rest of us said fuck it and wanted to stay at the house. Hell it costs us each $40 bucks for the whole stay. Oyie, Vic and I sat and read and then Oyie, Flea and I walked on the beach that looked like this hours after a torrential rain.



got a ways down and went back and read some more. We then all went into town and checked out some restaurants and found Wishbones that we pretty much ate at the rest of the time. This is the night that I ate the food that got me sick. A friend later told me its the cheese. He asked me if I ate any and in fact tonight I ate the cheese wrapped fajitas which were damn tasty now but the next day ruined me until well, I'm still feeling the effects. Either way this place was cool. We finished this off and dropped Darren and Jaime off at their hotel in town. Darren was feeling really bad with what I was about to get and wanted to go to bed. Oyie, Vic and I went back to the house after driving through tons of rain and trying to get a phone card so they could call their dads and wish em a happy fathers day. And checking out an overturned car on the side of the road that probably almost got hit by a tour bus in the rain. Again really hard to see, espesh while driving. We sat at the house and watched Frantic with Harrison Ford. Not much to do in the rain but drink beer and sweat. But now we have incense mosquito repellent. This is when they stopped biting me. Finally!

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Teo said...

damn I look fat in these pics. I'm just that much bigger than the rest of those munchkins.

And why the hell are some of the pics sideways? I turned em.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno what's up w/ your sideways pics. And you aren't fat.
And I really want to travel.
~Joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home