Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Seder

I learned something new today about Judaism, as I'm going to celebrate the departure of the jews from Egypt, a ritual for passover to save the first born by wiping lambs blood...yada, yada, yada.

A Mezuzah is as follows:

me·zu·zah also me·zu·za ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-zz, -z-zä)n. pl. me·zu·zahs, also me·zu·zas (-zzz) or me·zu·zot (-z-zôt)
A small piece of parchment inscribed with the biblical passages Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and 11:13-21 and marked with the word Shaddai, a name of the Almighty, that is rolled up in a container and affixed by many Jewish households to their door frames in conformity with Jewish law and as a sign of their faith.

and incase you were wondering


Se·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sdr)n. Judaism pl. Se·ders or Se·dar·im (s-därm, s-dä-rm)
The feast commemorating the exodus of the Jews from Egypt, celebrated on the first night or the first two nights of Passover.

This instead of the blood on the door. I always wondered what that little thing on the door was. I just say it's just damn good eatin, with good peeps. Thank you Tenenbaums. I learned something new today and there is everything good in learning something new each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home