Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kudos Paul, once in a rare while you get to work with a bitch like this

Dig it, I do IT for a large housing company, and we have designers at our spot that are contract. Cutting to the chase i was setting up the sole mac in the building up with email for the new guy when this lady, we'll call her brillo-zibub, came in to talk to him about what he's going to be doing. I found out Brillo-zibub is pretty new to the job and is considered temp contract, not full time. She starts telling Mr. Bolton (he looked like young michael bolton) that he would be taking collateral material editing creating templates to edit down the line. She also mentioned to the effect that he would be creating drop down splash pages. I'm listening and having a design degree, the words going through my head are "what the hell is a drop down splash page?" I know it's going through his head too, but she's throwing out buzzwords that exist in our company and considering he came in about 4 minutes prior, i'm fairly certain he has no clue what the fuck she's talking about. Well she rattles off a bunch more stuff that makes me wonder who the hell shes representing cause she's doing a piss poor job at peggin our co. She walks out and the guy starts talking to me and i ask him if he knows what a drop down splash page was and he gave me a negative. Well, I get him set up and he asks for a pen, and when i go to get him one out of the copy room Brillo-zibub is in there cluckin like a hen that he's done. Don't even get him a pen. 6 minutes. in and out fired. She was rattling off to the 2 that would listen that he had zero personality, didn't smile wasn't receptive to what she was talking about. I felt bad for the guy, he didn't even get a pen cause of this cunny.

Later yesterday afternoon she asks me to find the files that the previous temp (paul-really nice guy and a good designer) had been working on. I could not locate them anywhere and she starts into a rant that he took a usb flash storage device and spitefully took the files off the machine cause he was canned (in a crap ass and gutless way). I don't think that was it at all. She says tthat if he did "she's gonna shoot him or stab him in the eyes with pens." Mind you i've already formed an opinion of brillo-zibub. She asks that i meet her the following morning at 830 when paul comes in to show where he left the files. I meet up with her in the office she's working in with another lady and they're talking about how paul maliciously took the property of my company unlawfully and that she wants to prosecute. She proceeds to tell me that i'm going to keep him from leaving the building if he tried to leave without replacing the files. I told her flat out, there is no way i'm doing that as thats more illegal than what she was planning. she goes on and on about how she guarantees her [coworker} that he had taken the files and that she'd seen it on Law and Order. {i'm thinking SVU] At this point i had to leave. I told her i was going to the bathoom and went outsde to smoke and i find paul comin in. Nice guy so i tell him careful what you say cause this girl isn't all that charming and she's actually really fired up. After some niceties i go and get brillo-zibub and she takes him with me in tow to the office where paul goes to the computer. Now with her standing in front of the tower so that paul can insert no device and stare over his shoulder. he looks for the docs and finds temp ones that we found and alters the name so their openable but they're temp files so they're tiny. He states that someone has either moved or deleted the files and she starts her diatribe about how she thinks he deleted the files. Paul calmly asks hypothetically why he would delete the files, he got paid from the temp agency and all was good. She then tells him she has proof of him deleting files. He says yes i deleted alot of files as there was under 2 gigs of space left on the pc, but the files she wanted, he did not. She says, "NO, i don't believe you. I think you did a double delete!" and instantly i ask myself, "whats a double delete?" and two seconds later paul asks the question verbatim. Awesome, she was looking really bad and representing the company effectively as a 4 limb amputee in the open ocean. Kudos paul. paul shows her that even if the files are gone he had emailed them to her in pdf form. And she then demon-strates more of her vast knowledge, obviously obtained by watching csi:miami ala david caruso. She says well, pdfs are useless to me i can't edit those. simultaneously paul and i said, that that wasn't the case and that they were very editable in photoshop or illustrator. I then thanked her for not informing me that the files had been emailed to her but hey whats 3-4 dozen eggs on her face? Paul finally tells her that he has an appt soon and that he's going to have to leave and that she has the files still even if someone deleted them off the computer and she tries to stop him and say that he can't leave until it's resolved and he nobly tells her to deal with his temp agency and goodbye, she waited as if thinking if she was sassy enough or had she belittled him to the proper degree. Then chased after him saying that she wants to make sure he doesn't take anything. I still say Paul 1- Brillo-zibub 0.

Better yet paul got the brand new MAC Adobe cs2 deluxe box (+upgrade) as his parting gift. I say rock on paul! Offically i have no idea where it went as there is no evidence.

Paul 2 Brillozibub nil. game set match.

I have now advised my manager that I want none, zero, no contact with her and when she asks for something I will politely decline and refer her to my manager. He didn't believe me when i said that she was born from a vagina that was a portal to hades, but then he started asking around and finally came back letting me know that my description of her was more decent than others' evaluations. I'm thinking the temp title may stick temporarily until it's changed to disabled user-temp (pink slipped)

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger dean said...

hahahahahaha~ good one!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gimme the phone number, i will call there on a pay phone and push her buttons...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home